Saturday, August 12, 2023

confusion

Friday: Deb takes me round the suburbs, by car and walking, Looking for rogaine control locations. We need a question for each control, to allow rogainers to prove that they were there.
Deb navigates, I know roughly where we are.
Today: I try to prepare a map for another area where we can look for control locations.
I have all locations marked on a map on the PC. I have a lot of trouble getting a suitable maparea to print: I am confused at every step of the way.
I know the location of each control. I cannot get an overall picture of a group of controls, that is, I can't select an area which has a few locations that we can check.
I finally pick an area that I think is suitable.
I try to print it. I can't work out what's happening. I have several Windows open, I'm confused as to which is what. I'm not sure what I'm printing, how many pages will it be?
Eventually I print a one-page map which, I think, is exactly what I want -- but I'm not sure. By now I'm confused and annoyed at my confusion. I give up. Refuse to go looking for controls.
I may try again on Monday.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

Too many people consider themselves open-minded when they're really just empty-headed. (Alfred E. Neuman)


pwMapAppreadMe)


No comments:

Post a Comment