Wednesday, March 27, 2024

daily good deeds

I'm running round the lake.
Half way round, two people ask me, If we continue this way, will we get out? I think they mean, will they get off the path and back to a road.
Yes, I tell them, it's a circular track, just keep going that way, I point.
Two minutes later I think, If they go that way they will reach a T-junction, they could get lost. After all, I can get lost on this "circular" track.
So I wave down two passing cyclists. Ask them to keep an eye open for two walking women, give them help if they are lost. Good deed done.
Two minutes later I think, was it two women? I spoke to a woman, didn't really look at the other. I can't remember... could have been a woman or a man or a shop dummy... oh dear.
An hour later, two women say hello. Are you the two I met before? I ask. Yes -- and my directions worked -- phew! 
So: Definitely a good deed done.

They are now, visibly, definitely two women.I can only guess that they have removed jackets as the day warmed up... I hope that's it. Otherwise -- my sight(or memory) is even worse than I thought.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

Bandaid solutions hurt when they are removed.

...Dying for you to Read my blog: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com


2 comments: