Friday, February 23, 2018

a few good days

It's good to be between drug weeks -- I'm feeling so much better! Still some interesting things to write about...

I find that I'm a bit fussy about the books that I read. For example:

I pick up a library book, read a couple of chapters and realise that it is the fifth book in a series. No wonder I don't know who all these characters are! No worries, it's a lot of nonsensical action, it doesn't need understanding. Then I read a chapter with some nasty violence -- and stop reading. I never enjoy nasty, now I don't even want to read it.

I pick up another library book and quickly realise that I've read it before. I check the review I wrote at the time -- and decide that the book is silly enough to read again. A by-the-numbers thriller set in the Amazon jungle: battle with anaconda, save daughter of the chief, lead heavily armed soldiers in search of miracle drug held by don't-mention-their-name tribe who kill strangers on sight. Absolute nonsense. I'm enjoying it :-)

I also read two lightweight books, just for the predictable good fun.

So many good books to read, so little time to read them! I give short shrift to books which I do not really enjoy.
===

I have the beginnings of a cold :-( We spend the day looking after grandson, starting with his third swimming lesson. He seems to enjoy it, Deb & I certainly do. I don't worry about passing on my cold -- I caught it from grandson.

Afternoon. Deb fetches a plastic bucket of water, grandson "paints" the paving with water. After a few buckets... I turn on the hose and sit back. Great fun! I do get hosed once but it's a warm day.

Water everywhere. Minimum effort for maximum fun -- and chaos. My work is done :-)

I've booked a few days' holiday accommodation over Easter. It's tricky scheduling a holiday... One option looked good until I realised it would be the weekend after a drug week, I'd probably sleep all the time we were away! Okay for me but Deb may not appreciate it...
===

I decided to not run for parliament in Cottesloe: "Forget the other idiots, vote for the idiot you've never heard of." Catchy, eh :-) I think that the next election in my own electorate will be within my three year planning horizon. I can run against the fool whose opinion on preserving Bold Park was, "I think whatever the party boss will tell me to think." I don't think he's spoken aloud since he was elected.
===

And in other exciting news:

I've passed rogaine newsletter files to other people. I enjoyed being editor but can no longer promise to put newsletters out on time.

I've closed my Facebook account. Nothing to do with my health -- I just can't see that what it offers is anything that I want.

And now it's time for my beauty sleep. Or, possibly, well past time...






Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Avoid criticism: say, do and be nothing." … per Ginger Meggs

===

1 comment:

  1. Not sure beauty sleep will make you better looking .Cheers Col

    ReplyDelete