Tuesday, February 27, 2018

coming events

Next week I will be scanned: MRI for the brain, PET for the gut. About ten days from today, the oncologist will be able to tell me if there are any signs of cancer, either surviving or growing back. Yes, I am worried...

If the scans are all clear then... That's something to be glad about :-) It means that I can relax till the next scans, in three or six months' time (I forget which).

If the scans show more cancer then -- as far as I am aware -- there are no "better" treatment options. In other words, no stronger treatments with stronger side-effects... So that's something to be glad about!

There's nothing I can do to influence the scan results so that is what I shall do: nothing. Except -- I admit -- I shall worry. Just a little.
===

Oh, and I shall finish planning for a holiday, Deb & me, over Easter. And I shall continue training for the 82km Cradle Mountain Trail Run in, I think I decided, 2021... I can already run 6km on the flat, in a very slow time... just need to improve my distance, my speed and my ability on hills. No worries :-)






Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Avoid criticism: say, do and be nothing." … per Ginger Meggs

===

1 comment:

  1. I reckon you will do the Cradle mt run. Cheers Col

    ReplyDelete