Tuesday, February 25, 2020

ups and downs :-)

Yes, I've been feeling gloomy this last couple of weeks. Not helped by my teeth... or have I confused cause and effect?

One tooth -- a canine -- snapped off. The dentist cleaned it up and commented, That'll be okay for a while then it will start to ache. So, how long is it good for? Perhaps weeks, perhaps months... or longer. Hmmm.

A day later, my teeth start to ache. Oh drat, I think.

Then I realise... this may be an old problem. I suspect that I am clenching and grinding my teeth. At night, while I'm asleep, when I don't notice it. Clench my teeth so hard -- that they ache.

It happened before. My teeth ached so much that I couldn't eat. I suspect that this is the same... The snapped & filled tooth is not a cause, the aching is an effect -- of stress.

So I consciously relax my jaw. I massage the jaw muscle that cramped. Okay, it's not a complete fix but I've convinced myself that it helps :-)

Then today, Deb & I are going out for coffee. And to buy a book but that's just an excuse. I suddenly realise: I'm feeling optimistic!

Not so optimistic that my brain blotch is anything other than cancer. I'm just... feeling optimistic.

It's a good feeling :-)


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Don't waste your time looking back on what you have lost. Move on, life is not meant to be travelled backwards."

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



1 comment: