Wednesday, June 9, 2021

An Awfully Big Adventure

Today I set myself a challenge... to get to the shops and back. All by myself :-)

When I can't drive, I lose a lot of confidence. Along with the independence. Time to rebuild both !

Turns out... it's easy :-)

Uber is as easy as it should be. Just drop me at any entrance to the shops, I tell the driver. He points to the nearest entrance... just as well, I start in the right direction.

Then I just wander round inside. I only see half of what I look at. Doesn't matter. I only want one shop, a large one. Inside, first thing I see is exactly what I want...

Today is my birthday. As a Lord of the Rings fan -- I give presents on my own birthday. This year the presents will be even more hobbit-ish... Mathoms... Things which are absolutely useless. And there they are, just inside the shop :-) I have to ask, Where do I go to pay? With my half-vision, some things are too well hidden.

Pick up some gift wrapping paper. Ready to surprise :-) Shopping done!

May as well buy some lunch. I'm tempted by salad. Then I buy a muffin -- far less likely to end up off my plate and on the table. I think it was a good choice... It tasted fine... and I believe that I ate most of it... Couldn't see any leftovers on the table, anyway :-)

I find an exit from the shops. Doesn't matter which exit as long as there is a road. And I call an uber to get home again.

Phew! Success!




Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere ... Chinese proverb


===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

2 comments: