Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Not Really Problems

Middle of the night, when I get up to go to the toilet, I don't turn on any lights. I know my way! But I move slowly -- dragging my feet rather than bumping from obstacle to obstacle. Very slow.

So I wake up to go to the toilet. By the time I get there -- I really, really need to go! Makes it all worthwhile, somehow :-)
===

I'm back on dex (dexamethasone, a brain-swelling-reducing steroid. It also builds my appetite and keeps me awake. Both of which are -- in my opinion-- benefits :-) It may also have reduced the tendency of my leg muscles to cramp.
===

Sunday I told the grandson, Sorry but today I'm just sleepy granddad. Today I walk to the shop. And back :-) No worries.
===

There was a suggestion: perhaps I should get a fall-detection device. I explained, to Deb, the faulty logic: I do not fall over. Well, once. That was three years ago. Now I am aware of the risk and am far far too cautious to fall. (Okay, so far.)

Just before surgery, the surgeon suggested I could try a walking stick. Deb mentions a walking stick. Again: no, I do not fall. Today -- walking a few km -- I think: If a walking stick could see to my left, good :-) Otherwise... Well... crashing to my left is a problem. I am extra careful, when I remember. And, so far so good.

But falling is not my problem. Yes, that's something to be glad about :-)
===

I'm re-reading Lord of the Rings. From start to end. Could be my 20th complete reading. Best. Book. Ever :-)

Elves have a problem with immortality: Live for a few Ages of the world and everything -- the mortal world -- changes. This is a regular theme in books I read:  Mortal and immortal get out of step. This is a problem in our "real" world.

I am already old enough to miss a lot of the world of my childhood.

But: Bring back the world of my childhood and the current generation would say, No! Heck, my *parents* would have said No! One person's ideal world is rubbish to other people. My own "ideal" world would probably be rubbish even to me :-) If I had to live in it again. So I live in "this" world. With a lot of Bah! Humbug!

Is there an ideal world? No. Not without change. Change as we live in it. And change as we die out of it. No, I'm not saying that I'm ready to die! But I accept that the world will continue -- with or without me. Perhaps I can improve something? Never too late to try... or, at least, to think about trying :-)

Maybe I should join Extinction Rebellion. A bunch of narrow-minded whackos. But at least they try.
===

Wow! So deeply philosophical!
Enough deep thought for today :-)

Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"When the going gets tough, the smart get going" ... per Ginger Meggs"


===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah they are nutters but as you say, at least they try.

    ReplyDelete