Thursday, September 30, 2021

at least it's a different hospital

Today we get feedback on my latest CT scan.
It's to be by phone. The surgeon calls, says that he would prefer to see us in person.
At least, we think, he did not say to check immediately  into hospital... and that's something to be glad about.

Ha!

The left side of my brain is well drained.
The right side is still filling with blood.
Do I want it drained? Or will I just take a chance, see if I collapse... Well :-)

So I will be in hospital on Saturday. A different hospital. thank goodness!
I will have fresh drainage works on the right side of my brain.
That's the side which has had surgery.
So -- if I understand correctly -- the surgeon will go in through one of the large previous openings. Tap out the large (relatively) area of skull that is already loose from previous surgery.

Going in through a large hole gives him room to look around. While my head is open he will look around... see if he can find a leak. Perhaps glue it closed... (special surgeons' glue?)

The surgeon seems to think that I will be ready to fight for my freedom within a few days... I certainly hope so.

I comment that it is minor surgery: scalp, skull... suction tube.
The surgeon says that no brain surgery is minor.
I'll try to ignore his realistic opinion...

In.. out... suck it all out... and that's what it's all about :-)
No worries... Not for me, anyway. Not once I'm asleep :-)

And now I don't have to wonder what we can do to fill in the weekend.
And that's something to be glad about :-)



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

Question authority. Don't expect to like the answer." ... per Ginger Meggs

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: