Tuesday, September 28, 2021

been there, scanned that

Today is a CT scan. A CT is easy: no canula, just lie down, lie still for five minutes. The CT is to test the level of fluid in my brain. You'd think a dipstick would be even easier.

Deb drops me in Subi with time to spare.
It's a pity that I'm at the wrong place... I'm booked into Duncraig.

So I look harmless and confused (easy enough) and they scan me at Subi.

After the scan I wait a few minutes while a doctor does a quick check of the scan. I'm sitting with four other scannees. It's a good reminder...

These other people are chatting about their various cancers. And various treatments. I could point to my growing collection of scars but really... here & now all my problems are trivial. My only claim to fame is that my cancer is definitely terminal. Meanwhile, I have regularly complained of the side-effects of the various treatments.

This small group has had similar treatments. For longer. With similar side-effects.

I'm not exactly cheered up. But I'm reminded of how lucky I am.
===

Then the doctor says that the scan looks okay, I can go home -- and I do.
It's not official till the brain surgeon says so. But for today I'm allowed home :-)
So I'm healthy for the next few days at least.
And after that... I'll work on making that... *fit* and well :-)

Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

Question authority. Don't expect to like the answer." ... per Ginger Meggs

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: