Monday, September 27, 2021

building a phobia

I'm dreaming: Standing on a narrow jetty, over water. For various very good reasons, I need to jump off the jetty and into the water. After the jump, I will be able to walk to shore.

No way! No way will I jump into the water. I grab the jetty and hold on for dear life.

Well, fair enough. I have never and never will jump into water. 
Not even in a dream...
I have a very strong fear of water.

But: I wake up... and, still half in the dream, it is very clear what the water represents:
The water is that very cold hospital.
I've been there several times. Had my head opened and my brain carved, twice. It never worried me. In... sleep... wake up, escape. Not much fun, just essential. So, go there. But:

After the last visit... four days of constant cold and cold-induced misery... I now have a strong fear of returning.
Well done, hospital. The hospital air con has given me a brand new phobia.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

Question authority. Don't expect to like the answer." ... per Ginger Meggs

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment:

  1. I have a phobia regarding snake's ànd my son recently purchased one.

    ReplyDelete