Friday, September 3, 2021

do dreams have meaning?

I wake up from a very complicated dream.

Some of the dream is clearly significant. Some is... just weird.

I am lying, awake, in a hotel or motel.

Next to me is an attractive woman.
So far, I understand the dream. I know where I want it to go.

Except that the woman is fully dressed. (Jeans and a pretty white top.
She is also fast asleep.

I don't know the woman. More, I know that she is a stranger. We have only just met.
She is in my room to make a phone call. She phoned, to leave a message but no-one answered.
Let's call this woman Ms Visitor.

Possible meaning:

A strange woman in my dream is a sure sign that I am in a happy and positive mood.
Having her dressed (and asleep) is a sign that my dreaming mind is more realistic than my waking fantasy mind :-)

Ms Visitor is fast asleep. So I try the call again, using the re-dial last number phone function.

Definitely a dream. There is no way I could know how to use such a function.

more meaning: Yes, I have a lot of trouble using my mobile phone. My dreaming mind seems to think that the phone is still useful.

In the dream my re-dial works and the call is answered: "Hello, somewhere Pre-Primary".

Somehow I know that the school is in NZ. My call is answered by Ms Teacher, working late at night, preparing for the next day's lessons.

I apologise to Ms Teacher and explain that I am calling to leave a message-- for Mr Boyfriend -- on behalf of Ms Visitor.

By this time Ms Visitor has disappeared. I don't know her name. I don't know the name of Mr Boyfriend... all very embarrassing. Makes it hard to leave a message.

Luckily Ms Teacher teaches very little children. She is able to make sense of what I am saying. She even works out the people involved. Oh yes, she says, I can give a message from Ms Visitor to Mr Boyfriend when he gets back from his holiday.

The message is simple: Hello, hope you are well, see you soon...

Is there hidden meaning? because:

I don't explain all of the situation to Ms Teacher.
Mr Boyfriend has died on his holiday. I volunteered to pass on the message, since I am also dead, so may see him to give him the message.
I briefly enjoy the thought of the confusion, later, when Visitor and Teacher discover that I spoke to Teacher after I died :-)

The dream ends. I am very happy; I have helped Visitor by passing on the message

A strange dream... very complicated... and yet: very satisfying.

I wake up, happy.
I'm sure it all means ... something :-)


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

Question authority. Don't expect to like the answer." ... per Ginger Meggs

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: