Friday, February 4, 2022

ICU is relative

I post to this blog for my own benefit.

It would be nice, I think, if the blog could also be useful for other people.

Perhaps for other people with terminal cancer. Let them know they are not the first. Let them know what they could expect. Let them know that, however bad they now feel, it will be worse when they get constipation :-(

There are hundreds of pages of my thoughts, treatments, feelings, whatever. Would someone like to use the blog as data for research? I wonder.

I contact an academic, ask the question...

She'll ask her colleagues, she says. But her own research interest is "ICU survivorship". Yes, really.  Unless I misremember. I'm not going to check... I rather like the phrase :-)

Which leads me to think...

Off the top of my head, I believe that I have "survived" six stays in ICU.

And yes, Off the top of my head is a large part of the reason for my ICI visits
rofl

The academic is interested in ICU survivorship.
At the time I think, Oh well, that's not me, I'm a cancer sufferer...

And now that I do think about ICU... Well... my stays in ICU are so short. So minor. Nothing much at all. Just a small part (or six small parts) of an interesting four years.

It's all relative. And ICU is -- relatively -- nothing much at all :-)



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere ... Chinese proverb

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment:

  1. I am sure there are others would find your blog enlightening

    ReplyDelete