Thursday, February 24, 2022

inconclusive but not good

My latest MRI shows... something.

Can't tell what it is (it's inside my skull) but it's probably bad. The smart money is on... cancer.

Last year the scan shadow was "radiation necrosis". This time we're even further past the radiation so radiation necrosis is even less likely. Which leaves, cancer.

So now what?

Wait six weeks :-)

Then I'll have another scan. Get (I think) a clearer picture. Also see if the shadow has grown. If it has... then we consider more chemo, more radiation, possibly more surgery.

The most likely -- if the betting is still on cancer -- is chemo.

Sure, I've reached the limit of its effectiveness. But that was years ago, perhaps a fresh dose will be effective. Chemo is the least likely to have nasty side-effects... Last time it was (as far as I remember) just "nausea". Nausea is the doc's word for a morning of chunder :-(

Anyway. all that will be after the next scan. Meanwhile, I'll update my t-shirts: Enjoy life -- six weeks at a time :-)

Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Life's tough. It's even tougher when you're stupid." ... probably not John Wayne

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: