Friday, February 4, 2022

I'm not battling cancer

A celebrity dies and the paper reports that their last few years were spent battling cancer...

Don't ever think that I am "battling" cancer.

I'm putting up with it.
Sometimes I'm ignoring it... at least, doing things as though cancer were not a central fact of my life.

I accept treatment. Which, so far, is far worse than -- has caused more trouble than -- the cancer.

Doctors may be battling my cancer. I am the battleground.

My body seems to be resisting cancer. I do my bit -- when I can be bothered :-) by keeping my body somewhat fit. That is what I would do even without cancer (though I hope I would do it better!)

"Battling" is ridiculous. It assumes that there is a battle which may be won. "Battling" wastes energy which can be better spent on enjoyment. I am not wasting my time battling for a lost cause.

I am making the most of what I have.

There's a man who went completely blind at age 34. Now he runs ultramarathons, unaided.

He says,"It doesn't matter what you have lost. What matters is the use you make of what remains.

Exactly.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere ... Chinese proverb

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: