Saturday, September 24, 2022

fear of change

we could go to the show, Deb says. no thanks i reply. the thought of pushing through the crowds is just too much for me.
Next day i say... id like to go to the show. it's still a scary thought but, i do like the show. so...

Deb does all the organising. buys tickets. arranges an uber. gets us in. i see crowds but don't recognise it as a queue. oh well.

inside, we meet up with family.
walk round. buy food. visit the animal nursery.
i want to pat the piglets, grandson goes with me to give me an excuse. patting piglets, noisy squealing little things, skin like leather, what fun :-)
pigs are the highlight of the show... for me.
logchop is also a highlight.
our group splits up. deb and i head straight home. three hours, 3 or 4 km walked. animals patted, crowds negotiated.
i do bump a few people, dont see them on my left. not as scary as i expected. following deb, watching my feet, avoiding people, mostly, i dont get much chance to see exhibits, but enough.

great fun, a good day out.

heres a joke... I'll be glad when five cent pieces are phased out, i dont like change :-)
hmmm, that punch line is true. next week we'll be on a walking holiday. i dread it. not the walking, just the change. being away from home. then i think... just like today at the show, deb will look after me, organise me, get me where we have to go. i feel better... sad isn't it :-)


 


--
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)

The word "boobs" is so scary until you get to the second "b". (Alfred E. Neumann

1 comment:

  1. I like the piglets. Funny little critters. A good wife you have mate.

    ReplyDelete