Thursday, October 26, 2023

a fallen woman

After years of clean living (and luck) Deb and I finally have covid.
For me it's like a bad cold. Much the same for Deb except...
Deb does not let something like covid slow her down. Until...
We're in the kitchen and Deb -- slowly crumples and falls to the floor.
I go into mild panic mode. Are you okay? (stupid question). Yes, I'm fine, says Deb. I suspect that she is not aware that she is lying on the floor.
We exchange a few words. Deb saying that she's okay, me not believing it.
Deb stands up, quite carefully, and walks to her usual spot on the couch.
I speak sternly about sitting still. I also have words about her having thrown a cup of coffee all over my trousers.
Our son phones, he's on his way over. Why is he coming over, Deb asks. Because I phoned him. Why? It was either phone him or phone an ambulance. Oh, okay.
Deb says that she's fine, no worries, all good. Ha :-(
Son checks Deb's pulse and blood pressure, all good.
Deb later speaks on the phone to the GP, all very reassuring.
The consensus is that the virus caused Deb to have a little girlie faint.
Later Deb says that yes, she did feel rather bad before the fall.
Being Deb she would not consider taking it easy.

From then on I watch Deb like a hawk. Making sure there is no sign of a wobble. All seems fine again.
As I tell Deb, several times, just one collapse and no-one trusts you any more.
====

Another side-effect of covid: Today I get the latest scan results -- by phone, the doc doesn't want covid in her office.
She's late phoning. Not a worry, we're sitting in comfort at home.

But anyway: Our insider has already told us, my latest scan is as uninteresting as the last. Phew :-)




Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

Whoever said "fighting never solves anything" obviously never won a fight


Dying for you to read my blog :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment