Monday, October 23, 2023

home again

End of holiday.
Good holiday, good accommodation, easy driving -- for me. Even Deb enjoys it, more space and less traffic than on English roads.
We follow a "sculpture" trail , did I mention this? from Gnarabup Beach, a couple of hours walking.
Deb looks for a walk, reads about it, decides if it's okay for me. I'm well looked after :-)

And the wedding... This is the entire reason for us being in Margaret River.
It is fun.
The ceremony is... good grief, I'd be embarrassed. The words of the bride and groom to each other -- are also embarrassing -- but they clearly mean it. I suspect that the wedding goes -- and feels -- exactly as they want, a beautiful memory for the couple. Including the outdoor location at the edge of the vines in a vineyard. All very nice -- but not my style.
I worry... Does Deb regret the simplicity of our own wedding? We were married in Deb's parents' lounge. I ask Deb, Do you ever wish we had gone somewhere fancy? Without pause for thought Deb replies, Oh God no!



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

Whoever said "fighting never solves anything" obviously never won a fight


Dying for you to read my blog :-)


1 comment: