Friday, October 20, 2023

last few days

I'm fairly certain that today is Friday. Because Friday is the day of the wedding that brought us to Margaret River. And we're just back from the wedding. So, Friday.
Though... The wedding is at four pm and we thought it was at six. So who knows...

Some days ago: We walk the "Quenda Trail" from Smiths Beach. A pleasant couple of hours along the beach, along a trail through bush area then a bit more beach. Beautiful weather, beautiful walk. A bit tiring but only because we are (or I am) unfit.
It's nice walking along the beach with the sound and smell of ocean on one side. Nice, but I still prefer bush.
Our walk is a tiny fraction of the Cape to Cape. Deb has done the entire C2C twice with her sister. While we're here we look, we think, time to walk it again? Ha! we wish :-) Just shorter day walks for us, for now...

Today we walk the Sculpture Trail from Gnarabup Beach. There's a comment, "The sculptures will keep the kids amused." Another, "Not as many sculptures as we expected." Well... There is one park half way round, with a few sculptures. That's it. (I think you could drive there.)
However, in the park the main sculpture is man and dog with stick -- very cute -- worth the walk just for that.

And then... the wedding.
I explain to our grandson -- who is getting a bit tired -- that a wedding means a lot to the people involved but can be tiring for others. I do *not* say bloody tedious. I do rather like the words of the bride and groom to each other. Embarrassing but sweet.

It's nice to catch up with a few family members (our family is spread all over the place. I chat, then Deb tells me who that was.
We all go inside for food. I believe there's a food source, I don't see it, Deb and others bring me some snacks, I don't like crowds, I don't like eating in a crowd. Grandson is a bit tired and, perhaps overwhelmed, I sit next to him to offer silent comfort. I don't know if he needs it but I do.
The kids want to play outside, we all follow them, what a relief.
I've not eaten much, Deb fetches me a big bowl of paella, unfortunately it tastes disgusting.
We leave before speeches, in my defence I'm getting deaf and won't know what they are saying. We. get home where I eat some crackers and cheese.

Phew!




Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

Talk is cheap — but say the wrong thing to your boss and it'll cost you. (adapted from Alfred E. Neuman)


Dying for you to read my blog :-)


1 comment: