Tuesday, October 2, 2018

A long day

Boranup Forest to Cosy Corner. Almost 21km. Not too bad :-)

The start is very nice, through the forest. Then a long descent to the beach, a narrow track with lots of flowers to be photographed. Deb & her sister keep going, then finally wait for me.

We walk six km along Boranup Beach. About 2km is soft, making for hard going. The rest has firm sand, easy walking but a long walk. The end is at Hamelin Bay, where we eat lunch at the edge of a caravan park.

btw: Names and other facts may be changed. This is all written from memory...

There's a cafe in the caravan park. I have an iced coffee, the other two have icecreams. I do remember the important stuff...

We set off again along... I have no idea, no memory of it... But there are sand trails, trails through low scub, perhaps a few trees. Whatever. I really enjoy walking in forest; I could totally do without more views of rocks, sand and sea.

There are a few tough hills near the end. Steep ups and downs but firm sand tracks, amongst head high scrub.

We meet "the other group" at a lighthouse near the end. They set off again. We find a geocache, then follow... Soon after, we reach the end. The minibus to take us home.

Deb is still powering along, her sister is exhausted, I'm somewhere in between. I started with a sore ankle (a tendon?). Each time after I stop, I have to get the ankle moving again, it takes a minute or two. After a longer break for lunch, I hobble for the first five minutes... And then I have a mild ache but no limiting pain. All good :-)

Good company, lots of tedious walking with some pleasant stages. Tomorrow is the last walking day. I think we're all glad to be doing the walk -- for different reasons, perhaps ! I've told Deb that *I* choose the next holiday :-)







====    Dr Nick Lethbridge  /  Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems? Solved.
===

"You can fool all of the people some of the time. Some of the people all the time. And make a fool of yourself... anytime." … Ginger Meggs
===

dying for you to read my blog: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au :-)
====
   

1 comment: