Tuesday, October 9, 2018

holiday wraparound

The weekend before we went away was orienteering state champs, we each competed on both Saturday and Sunday.

While away, we walked the Cape to Cape Track: 133km on foot. According to our itinerary. Somehow, I lost the GPS trace for our first two days of walking. A lot of walking, definitely.

Then we spent Thursday driving, Friday and Saturday recovering.

Sunday: Deb & I run in a 14km fun run from the new Perth Stadium. Wow ! is that a mistake ?

In fact, it is fun. Hard work but fun.

The run takes us round the Swan River via some of the new "attractions": Matagarup Bridge, Riverside Drive to Barrack Square. Across the Macdonalds footbridge (that's not its name but it certainly looks a lot like the Mac's "golden arches"). A good opportunity to see the bridges and a very pleasant run.

Then over the Narrows and along the South Perth foreshore back to the Stadium. Again, a very pleasant place to run.

And I do manage to run, all the way. Slowly. Finish in just under two hours, Deb is just three minutes behind me.

We are both exhausted ! And (once we have recovered) satisfied :-)

We go home and rest... until Deb has to make Sunday dinner. Great to see the family again, after our holiday away. I continue to rest until after dinner, when I wash up. Just the big stuff that will not fit in the dishwasher.

An excellent but tiring weekend :-)
===

I should add: I am far more tired than I should have been. Or than I would have been, a couple of years ago. But my only actual "disability" is a sore heel and ankle. After resting, it hurts to move it but a few minutes walking and it is fine. Though I do need to be careful stepping down.

Once I start running it is no trouble: my running style puts less stress on my ankles than my walking. Today (Tuesday) the ankle still hurts but not when I walk... the ache has moved away from the bits that move when I walk.
===

Monday: for some reason I seem to be flat out all day. Still catching up after being away. And doing the few things that are my regular tasks around the house.

Tuesday: minding the grandson. A full day's work, a whole lot of fun. And that, is today. Deb is just back from yoga, time to wrap this up.
===

Physically I'm fine, almost over being exhausted. Mentally, okay -- as far as I can tell :-) Emotionally, I have my moments -- which I push aside. I may try for a better status report... in another post. Not that there is much to say, I just like to document as much as possible.

For now... that's all.






Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"It's a funny kind of month, October. For the really keen footy fan it's when you discover that your wife left you, months ago." … Denis Norden had it as "cricket"
===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment