Tuesday, December 18, 2018

I had a dream... or two

I have a dream... Yep, another, typically weird dream. This time I do remember a bit of it:

We are being invaded by aliens. The aliens are either shape-shifters or body-snatchers. Either way, they look like us: human, often people we recognise. Luckily, we -- me and a small group of friends -- can tell alien from human.

Who are these friends ? No idea, totally unfamiliar. All I know is that I am not alone. And that we are destroying the aliens, one by one. With a lot of running through city streets, leaping out of tall buildings, bashing and burning. It's a typical dream style: lots of action to keep my real self warm, lots of distraction to keep my mind off the need to wake up and go to the toilet. Unusual -- and nice -- to have the help of friends.

We have destroyed all the aliens in our area. Taking a rest, preparing to go to another area where we know there will be more aliens... And I wake up.

What does it all mean ?

It would be nice to think that I am dreaming of fighting -- and beating -- cancerous cells. With help from friends. Clearing one area though accepting that the the fight will continue in another area.

Or, I could simply be reading too many alien invasion stories in fantasy and science fiction... Nooo... I like to think that my mind has taken the science fiction and applied it to reality. Winning the current battles and ready to continue the long-term war :-)
===

Another recent dream has me flying away from an unidentified enemy. As I turn a corner -- out of sight of the enemy -- I dive my flying machine directly down under the ocean. Safely out of sight.

The being-chased theme could be more of the battle against disease. The idea of flying then diving -- I could tell you exactly which SF book inspired that :-)

And again: another alien battle. In this dream I -- and I alone -- have discovered how to teleport. I teleport in amongst the anonymous enemy, battle a bit, teleport out to safety.

These are occasional dreams, perhaps one or two a week. With a common theme: battle against a very powerful enemy. On the one hand, I never win the war. On the other hand, I am never badly hurt and I always -- in the short-term -- escape to safety.

So... nyah nyah nyah to the bad guys :-)
===

As I wake up I have this strange thought, a fully-formed bon mot:

"I don't have the super-power to see the future. But at least I can see to the edge of the bed."

Make of that what you will...






====    Dr Nick Lethbridge  /  Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems? Solved.
===

"Real people don't make very good politicians." … Ginger Meggs
===

dying for you to read my blog: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au :-)
====
   

1 comment: