Tuesday, January 19, 2021

penile biopsy result

The results are in: it's nothing serious.

Deb & I are getting ready to go out when the phone rings. It's the Dick Doc... the urologist who took a sample. btw: I have looked, there's a fingernail shaped indentation just a couple of millimeters long. Not too scary.

First, the doc apologises for the late call. I am confused, not expecting the call for another ten minutes. Late?

It seems that she phoned on the day she said she would call (almost two weeks ago). Left a message, that the results were not yet ready. Then she called a few days later, with the results. Left a message. Both calls, the phone was out of range.

I check my phone. Yes, I can see two missed calls. No messages. Being out of range is likely, we were probably on the trails in the hills. The missed calls were "no number", not surprising for a doctor. I don't know what happened to any messages.

So, she tells me, it is not cancer. Excellent :-) though I am not surprised, the worst hard red spot has completely disappeared. (The original swab by the GP stated that it was not gonorrhea which is also excellent, gonorrhea would be very difficult to explain.)

Hells bells, I keep forgetting the word: red and possibly sore area due to friction? It was what put me in Emergency soon after the original surgery, then it was inside my skull. Do I deliberately forget the word? Or am I just not interested in medical terms? Anyway: it's that.

Red and occasionally itchy, possibly due to friction. The experts named something more specific which this doc says should come with pain, warts, scale, all sorts of nasty things, so it's not at all likely. I wear snug underpants when running, to reduce friction.

I tell the doc, the red is still there but faded. She says that she is happy to not see me again. I return the compliment.

She does apologise for not getting the results to me earlier. I say, I was not worried, if it was serious I expect someone would have come knocking down the front door. We part on good terms.
===

I wonder why there are no voice messages? Ah well. I may change my not-answering phone message to suggest sending an email.




Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

I'd rather be super rich than completely stupid... Ginger Meggs

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



1 comment: