Sunday, January 24, 2021

Naaahh! It's all good :-)

My last post, I'm not sure whether my scan results are good... or not. Naaahhh... it's definitely good :-)

Something shows up on the brain. It was not there on the previous scan but it was there on the scan before that. If it's a tumour -- it's an unusual one that comes and goes. Which is fine, if it goes again. If it's radiation damage or a cockroach -- that's fine, no worries.

So the odds are -- no worries. The next scan -- in six weeks -- will tell more. Till then and possibly after -- it's all good :-)
===

You know what my first thought is, when this scan shows... well... that I'm good for at least six more weeks? I thought, Bother, all those things that I should do before I die... I have another six weeks in which I should do them. Oh, the guilt... for not doing them. Sigh.
===

I'm told that someone is surprised that our family communication is driven by emails. Rather than by face-to-face conversation. I think this applies to medical updates via blog. Hmmm.

Posting to this blog is good for me. Other people can keep up-to-date -- if they want to -- whether they see me or not. When family meets face-to-face they already (can) know the current health situation. So conversation can cover far more interesting topics :-)
===

So if you don't read the blog -- and meet me face-to-face -- how do you politely ask how I am? One man has the perfect approach:

We are walking the last few km of a trail run. He has been helping on the trail and is walking back, I am supposed to be still running. We chat a bit, ask each other how we are, Fine, I say.

"Aren't you supposed to have a terminal illness or something?" he asks. "Oh yes but now I'm fine, till it comes back to kill me," I reply.

Topic covered, update provided, back to general conversation. Till his walking is faster than mine and I drop slowly behind.

If you want to know, just ask. If I want to tell you, I will. Easy :-)



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

I'd rather be super rich than completely stupid... Ginger Meggs

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



1 comment:

  1. I agree it's a good idea to keep people up to date with on line media.

    ReplyDelete