Friday, January 1, 2021

another new year

Happy New Year!

I'm doing my usual New Year's Eve activity: staying up late, playing World of Warcraft, listening to the new year rolling in.

Now it's a new year. Time to sleep. Soon...
===

I'm still waiting on the results of my biopsy. The surgeon said, I'll let you know asap, Monday. I think she did not consider the Christmas / New Year break. I have not yet heard.

It doesn't really worry me.

The thought of a penile biopsy -- a scalpel to the end of my penis -- is scary. Once I'm in the hospital -- committed to the cut -- I stop worrying, I know I will sleep through the nasty bit.

Then I'm told there are two small stitches on the cut. I take the surgeon's word for that, there is no way I will look. I am told that the stitches will dissolve, I guess they have. Again, I'm not looking.

There is a bit of sensitivity, for a couple of days. No more than before when the ... infection? ... caused an occasional minor ache. Now I don't even notice that.

Go back to theory one: inflammation due to friction when I run. I'm running again but I wear more supportive underpants. Less movement, no friction. I could have an infection -- or it could be inflammation which is now fixing itself.

Whatever... I'm not worried. Either it will be "nothing", or whether I will be up for some sort of treatment. Que sera sera, and all that :-)
===

Interestingly, the distraction of my penis (nudge, nudge) has a positive effect:

I'm not worried about the biopsy result. Yet it provides enough of a distraction to stop me worrying about my next MRI. Which is in -- what is now -- this month.

I'm so not worried, it's ridiculous.
===

Though I am worried about the app that I will pay to have written. "Will pay" because so far, they are dead slow. I'm currently waiting on documentation that will show that they understand what I want... or not. Lack of visible action is very disappointing.

So I'm worrying about what I will do if this development company proves to be a dud.

One worry at a time is enough for anyone.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"If you're hoping for the element of surprise, it helps to be surprising." Kim Silva in Head on by John Scalzi

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https: // notdotdeaddotyet .blogspot. com. au/ :-)



1 comment: