Tuesday, November 22, 2022

lost!

I'm jogging round a circular lake and I'm lost...
Not exactly lost but uncertain. It's a very familiar area. I look round and I'm not immediately aware of where round the lake I am. Like faces, familiar places are no longer familiar.
Logic tells me exactly where I am -- but I miss the ability to quickly look and recognise. Not to worry, I'm slowly re-learning.

Friday is different:
We go to Karrinyup shopping centre. Nothing is familiar, it's all re-built since earlier visits. All I can do is follow Deb.

We go into David Jones and it is worse.
The shop was never familiar. Today there is nothing to tell me where I am. Rows of flimsy shelves. Too flimsy to lean on, too flimsy to get a visual fix. Surprising how much my balance depends on sight... I feel unsteady.
I want to get out but have no idea where there is a door. Just acres of shelves all, to me, looking the same.
Best I can describe it is, it's like being in a small boat in a stormy ocean, nothing to tell me where I am, no guide to where I could go.
Deb finds a chair, sits me down. All I want to do is get out.
Deb looks after me. Finishes the shopping. We get out of the shop.
It's a bit better. The halls have walls, still vague with hidden corners, rows of look-alike shops, no clear way out. But more solid -- visually solid -- than inside the shop.
I'm glad when we finally get out.

Later: I walk across a carpark, cross a road, meet a friend in a cafe, all no problem -- there are clear boundaries, solid walls, I have the comfort of fixed surroundings.

Deb doesn't trust me to go to Karrinyup by myself. I wonder why :-?



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Yesterday I knew nothing. Today I know that." ... per Ginger Meggs

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: