Thursday, November 10, 2022

spot the brain fade

i have a complete brain fade. see if you can spot it.

once i have bought a present, i just cannot keep it a secret. i get so excited. i just must mention it.
not so bad with presents for Deb. the presents are always the same, hand cream. same brand, same inoffensive smell. i don't like smelly things. not on me, not on Deb. so for each birthday and Christmas, it's the same hand cream.

this year it's different. i decide to surprise Deb. i think, hankies.
but i want it to be a surprise.

for months, i have kept quiet. i claim that i will get to the shops all by myself. but not a word about my true purpose. which is to buy hankies.
an absolute secret. for months.

today, finally... we are shopping. i need paper, i go to the newsagent, an excuse to shop alone.
into a dress shop. do you have ladies hankies, i ask. no... but try the shop at the end of the centre...

no worries. i leave Deb drinking coffee. i say, I'm going shopping...i maintain an air of mystery.
Deb must guess that I'm after something... but has no idea what. can you find the shop, she asks. no worries, i say, and tap off with my white stick.

Success! I'm so pleased.  On her birthday I'll be able to surprise Deb :-)

i return to Deb. carrying hankies. hidden inn a bag. I'm absolutely full of myself.
any problems asks Deb.
no, i say happily.
i found the shop, i continue. went in, i brag. looked round, i tell deb. asked, i say, do you have ladies hankies.

oh damn.

did you spot the brain fade :-(
no more secret :-(

actually, I'm really pissed off. absolutely mad at myself. months of preparing for a surprise. blown. bugger.

tomorrow I'll laugh. today, I'm pissed.





--
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)

The word "boobs" is so scary until you get to the second "b". (Alfred E. Neumann

No comments:

Post a Comment