Monday, November 7, 2022

weekend running

Saturday: We go on a Metro orienteering event. Deb navigates, I follow Deb. 3.5km of suburbia. I can't see to follow a map but I see well enough to run, slowly and carefully.
I carry my stick. I think it's worth a chuckle to wave my blind man's white stick while taking part in a map-based sporting event :-)

Sunday: Deb and I go jogging in Bold Park. We go our own ways.
Deb covers 7km, I do 9km in the same time. No, I'm not faster -- I'm lost. I have a broad idea where I am but miss turns that would lead me back to the car.
Not a great worry, the park is surrounded by roads, I can't accidentally leave the park. And Deb can track me with our shared location on GMaps. Not that it's great, it's often ten minutes behind.
Eventually I phone Deb, tell her where I am, she picks me up. Well, okay, where I told her -- I was wrong. It all sorts itself out eventually :-)

My best navigational technique is, keep going till I find somewhere that I recognise (correctly). I do prefer to run in an area that has clear boundaries :-)



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Yesterday I knew nothing. Today I know that." ... per Ginger Meggs

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment