Thursday, March 8, 2018

all good news ...

The results of my scans are in: no signs of cancer! Phew :-)

So it's back to chemo, one week in four. Then more scans in three months. Since I can't tell what the cancer is doing till I get scanned -- and ignorance is bliss :-)  -- I can relax for the next three months.

So... I'm feeling good !
===

And an aside, from today's comics: I also had an IQ test. Luckily that one came back negative.
===

Way back, I mentioned that I had a touch of the shakes. A tremor in the hands that I only noticed when I attempted to carry a fork-full of food to my mouth. I also had trouble standing on one foot to, for example, dry my feet after a shower.

The hand tremor may still be there, I haven't noticed. But I can now stand on one foot! Well, at least long enough to dry my feet without having to fall down.
===

I ran a few small hills today, it went quite well. Okay, I'm certainly feeling -- now -- as though I have run a few *mountains*... but I had no great trouble on my first hills for quite a few months.
===

I'm okay to drive again! And, a related matter, I'm about to taper off the anti-epileptic-fit pills. The pills that make me tired and irritable... Oh well, there goes my excuse.

The consensus is that the fit was caused by the brain tumour. Pressure on the brain. The tumour is gone, I may be okay. I'll start slowly... I agreed with my son that I will not drive my grandson anywhere. But for everyone else on the road: look out!

Of course if I have another fit, I'm back on the pills. And out of the driver's seat.

I'm looking forward to driving again. But I must admit -- it's nice being driven round by others :-) Sometimes by friends, lots of times by Deb, to orienteering & rogaining by Deb's sister. I'm a terribly nervous passenger but -- in the city -- I'm a stressed driver.

What I'm looking forward to is the *freedom* of being able to drive myself. Even if I don't take advantage of that freedom.
===

It's been a good day! And I'm sure there's some more good news that I've forgotten. But that's enough for now :-)










Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Avoid criticism: say, do and be nothing." … per Ginger Meggs

===

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. Not being able to do something makes it more desirable. Cheers Col

    ReplyDelete