Saturday, March 24, 2018

Away... and driving

Today -- I drive the truck... our 4wd, that is. This is the first time I have driven anything, for six months. I was not officially banned but the surgeon said, You should not drive for six months. It made sense to me. Especially when Deb said, You will not drive...

First I knew of my tumour was when I had a fit then woke up in ED. Even with the tumour removed, there may be fit-inducing damage. Having a fit while driving is not recommended. Positive empirical evidence: no fit since the tumour was removed.

Of course I've also been taking anti-fit tablets. I halved the dosage a couple of weeks back, no worries. I let Deb decide to keep me on a small dose of anti-fit -- until after this driving weekend.

I drive for several hours today, more driving tomorrow. So far -- no problems!

Boy ! I have really enjoyed being able to drive again :-)
===

So tonight we are staying two hours south of the city. Tomorrow we go orienteering, see how I go on foot. If all goes well -- if I don't unexpectedly collapse ! -- I will drive us home again.

Deb is worried about me being out of sight on an orienteering course. Not to worry: if anyone fails to return, there is a search.

More relevant to Deb's worry: Yes, I did collapse while running. But the weird symptoms started well before I started running. Now that I have had the experience -- if I have the same weird stuff -- I believe that I will be aware enough to, as they say... seek help.
===

On a completely different topic: It's possible that I repeat myself. I may contradict myself. Each post is written in the here and now... This is not a well-ordered novel. It is a day by day record of how I feel, what I think and do -- here, now, today.

There is no effort to develop a logical flow, my life itself is less than logical. There is no attempt to be consistent -- just complete. For all of which... I make no apologies :-) 









====    Dr Nick Lethbridge  /  Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems? Solved.
===

"The Nobel Peace Prize? I'd kill for one of those!" … per Ginger Meggs
===

notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au
====
   

1 comment: