Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Broome & Beyond: Broome !

Tuesday 11th July, morning

Deb successfully made it to the airport, the plane and Broome! Despite some contradictory information...

Deb had printed the Qantas ticket, for a flight at 1:30. Then Qantas "updated" the flight, to 3:30. I printed the correct itinerary -- but forgot to tell Deb that the time had changed. Deb was worried that she would somehow miss the  flight -- and arrived two hours early at the airport.

Meanwhile, in Broome, I'm relaxing at the caravan park. Relaxing? Trying to distract myself so that I won't rush off to the airport.

I have already checked out the airport (when I first arrived in town). I've picked a restaurant for dinner tonight (based on it seeming okay -- and I know where it is). I also -- in one of my circuits of town -- passed the recommended Matso's Bar. In all of Broome that is the one place that looks to be *over* crowded. So it's off my dining list.

Finally, time to get to the airport... I'm there just an hour before Deb is due :-) Luckily I brought a book.

Deb arrives! Woo hoo !

Back to "home". It's acceptable :-) Out to dinner... My selected restaurant shows no sign of ever opening. Round the corner to a Chinese restaurant, Wings. Pricey but good. We share. I catch up on not-very-much breakfast and lunch. Best meal I've had since leaving home!

It's a bit cool overnight. Deb is an excellent bed-warmer.

Tuesday morning: my plan is to do not much till we check out. Then not much round town, till it's time to drive to the next accommodation...

With a bit of blogging whiile the hotspot is successfully connecting.



====
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems? Solved.
====

"The man who cannot visualize a horse galloping on a tomato is an idiot." ... André Breton

    

No comments:

Post a Comment