Sunday, September 23, 2018

privileges of the old and young

Friday. We're driving home: Deb, toddler & me -- from the toddler's swimming lesson. A half hour lesson followed by an hour just splashing in the pool with grandad (that's me). Toddler has a banana, a snack to keep him going till we are home for lunch.

Banana in hand, hand slowly raised, banana reaches mouth... Toddler falls asleep. Banana uneaten, slowly falls.

Sunday evening. Deb & I have had two days' of orienteering. Exhausting efforts ! After dinner, kids have gone home, Deb prepares to go to bed. I am already asleep in an armchair.

Privileges of the old and young: to sleep whenever and wherever we need to :-)

Now Deb is asleep, I'm awake. Dishes washed, hot sweet milky tea drunk... and I'm off to bed. To sleep where I should be sleeping, at a more expected time.





Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"It's a funny kind of month, October. For the really keen footy fan it's when you discover that your wife left you, months ago." … Denis Norden had it as "cricket"
===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



1 comment: