Sunday, August 29, 2021

being a bad patient

deb and i share locations via phone. i look at debs location and it cheers me up.

deb phones and i feel a lot happier.

nurses ask me if i want a shower. no. the doc has prescribed an enema. i will be happy to tell him where else he can shove his enema.

every visit to hospital has given me constipation. why should this visit be different.

lunch is tomato soup. the sort that looks like a mashed tin of tomatoes. theres also great lumps of meat. possibly turkey and ham. im not game to try any.

nurses changed my gown and made the bed. i tear the bed apart to get ablanket. im sitting with the blanket round my shoulders. the room is blood y cold.

i refuse help from the nurses. there are two. as usual i cant tell them apart but they definitely gave two names.

i take the zimmer frame for a walk round the corridors. first i memoerise my room number. just as well, i almost go into a room with one digit difference.

did i mention the tissues? iblow my nose and throw the tissue on the floor. i know theres a bin... must be to my left where i cant see it. now its on my bed table.

i phone deb, chat a while. feel a lot better. still want to be home.



Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===

One, be a good person; two, have fun; three, be happy; four, show respect and be respected; and then number five was, if you can play tennis after that, it's an added bonus."... Ash Barty's first coach
   

1 comment:

  1. Get the nurses to turn up the air conditioning. Shouldn't have to put up with being cold.

    ReplyDelete