Sunday, August 22, 2021

up and down :-)

Deb & I are out this morning for a run along bush trails. Seven km at Ellis Brook.

It's a beautiful spot -- especially now with wildflowers blooming. The main attraction is "Sixty Foot Falls". The Falls are dry except after heavy rain. Today they flow :-)

We were there about a year ago, also to see the falls flowing.

The run starts with a lot of steep, rough uphill track. Mostly, we walk.

On a rare downhill stretch... I discover a new way to fall over :-)

There are worn grooves running down the track. I put one foot into a groove which, of course -- I do not see.  The foot slips... I bang down flat on my back.

I gain a few grazes, nothing serious. Not even enough to get sympathy :-) But I now have to admit to having fallen over *twice* in the last three years...

The last third of  the track is down... down steep steps. Steps formed mostly of rough rocks. Tricky! Very slow going. Six years ago we went round in one hour twenty. Today it's just over two hours... Deb could have done it faster :-)

Hard work! Good fun, good scenery. Home again... we are both ready to relax :-)


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

Question authority. Don't expect to like the answer." ... per Ginger Meggs

===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment:

  1. Great you can complete it. I wouldn't have a hope of doing it.

    ReplyDelete