Wednesday, August 25, 2021

uh oh !

today is my regular three monthly mri. now a regular six weekly mri :-)

while you're here, they say, we'll also do a ct scan. just in case there is damage since the last open head surgery.

oh drat... the ct shows fluid on the brain. on each side. a bit of a worry, but they let me walk home.

I'm home, thinking of lunch, the phone rings.

I'm to get to hospital... this afternoon. tomorrow, the surgeon will drain the fluid from my brain. oh. no question. go to hospital. uh oh

i phone deb. she comes home from work. takes me to hospital. i wonder if i can earn frequent surgery points :-)

now i'm in hospital. feeling low. hospital is fine. i scored a nice dinner. the prospect of surgery is fine... not nice but this one will be relatively minor. and i'll sleep through it. i just hate being away from home... away from deb.

the surgeon drops in to explain what he will do. small cut above each ear, two small holes into the skull, insert tap and drain.

the drain will be left open for a while (how long? no idea) so more blood can drain. yuk

i tell him, okay, I'm now ready to go home. no luck :-( I'm stuck here for at least 48 hours... so he says.
===

why is there blood oozed out around the brain? did i bang my head? not as far as i know.

best guess is... a few days ago we were running... i fall over. land hard, flat on my back. I'm fairly certain that i did not hit my head. but i did land hard. perhaps i jarred my brain within the skull, caused damage.

that's the best guess... better than having no reason at all...


Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===

One, be a good person; two, have fun; three, be happy; four, show respect and be respected; and then number five was, if you can play tennis after that, it's an added bonus."... Ash Barty's first coach
   

1 comment:

  1. Bugger mate. I admire your inner strength and great ability to stay positive under trying conditions. Superman

    ReplyDelete