Wednesday, March 13, 2019

more of drip day two

drip-day two: continued

I had Ivy cheese & tomato toastie for lunch. More toastie than cheese & tomato. Tasted fine.

A few hours later, hiccups begin. Related ? Possibly. The hiccups come and go for hours. Come back with a vengeance later, after dinner at home. Deb suggests, Bend over and drink water upside-down. While blocking my nose and ears. I ignore the advice.

Hours later I go to bed. Try the upside-down, hold nose, swallow technique. It works. Deb probably rolled her eyes. Hiccups do return a few hours later. Not as bad. I get back to sleep.

Are the hiccups due to failing digestion and greased toastie ? Possibly. Yesterday plain water tasted different. Today it tastes flat. Breakfast this morning is oats with milk, something I regularly enjoy. Not as pleasant this morning. I have a minor ache of indigestion.
===

Out for another 3km slooow jog. With warm-up and cool-down walking, this occupies almost an hour. I go out feeling not much enthusiasm, come back glad that I went.

Minor indigestion is still there. I'm wondering if food is not sure which way to travel so is just sitting there... The ache is now gone but... If there is no "movement" in the next few hours, I'm starting on the easy anti constipation powders. I prefer to have my digested food going somewhere... anywhere.

Given a lunch choice of lamb chops of salmon patties, my mind says chops but my stomach says patties. Stomach wins. Deb offers to make a cup of tea. My stomach prefers water.

Drugs are starting to hit my taste buds and my digestion. Not my appetite, I've gained 4kg in two days. Sure, I can blame "fluid retention", I'm having several litres of fluid pumped in each day. Plus a lot of drinking to protect against kidney damage (a possible drug side-effect). Yet my urine is still yellow rather than the preferred (usual) almost clear.

So I'm not drinking "too much"... or perhaps I am but the excess is being stored. Perhaps I'm drinking enough to keep the drugs flushing through ? Perhaps the yellow is excess drugs in the urine ? Whatever the reason -- I'm piling on extra kilos. So much for possible weight loss... sigh :-)
===

Ouch... I just removed two sticking plasters, one for the failed cannula site, one for the successful cannula.

The successful cannula could have been left in overnight. I say yes... then say no. The thought of a cannula sticking out of my arm is worse than the thought of having a fresh one inserted each day. It would be okay if I were staying in the hospital overnight. Going home -- things to do -- I would not feel comfortable with a cannula in the arm.
===

Last night -- I blame the Dex -- I stay up late. Late enough that Deb wakes up to check that I am okay. I say that I am. Despite the hiccups of (probably) indigestion.

I play a bit of WoW. Not too much -- and my painful-when-I bend-the-arm RSI is getting better.

Instead, I try to find out how to access a web file from App Inventor, my phone app coder of choice.

I was trying B4A, Basic for Android. It compiles directly to an Android phone app. Then, with minor changes, to an Apple IOS phone app. Brilliant idea but written by tech experts who have no idea about writing good instructions. Also, it costs money and is still under development.

App Inventor only creates Android apps. It looks more sophisticated, is more sophisticated -- and has instructions which -- mostly -- make sense. Even to a rank beginner such as myself. I finally connect a test app to a web database ! And dump B4A.
===

Then I read a bit. Pay a bill. Go to bed about 2am. Completely forget to finish the day's blog post.

There. Now up-to-date :-)

===
Internet problems, GMail "cannot send". I'll try again. If it appears to work -- then I'll need to check for a double-post.

Meanwhile, Deb is accessing the internet -- via the PC connection -- no trouble. There's some -- regular -- problem with the PC. Drat :-(





Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear and no concept of the odds against them." … Robert Jarvik

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



1 comment: