Tuesday, March 26, 2019

now that feels better :-)

This morning I wake up damp and sweaty. As I have for the last couple of weeks. Hang my pyjamas up to dry... no use washing them, it would be every day, several times a day. Just dry them and air them before wearing them again tonight.

Deb goes to work. I shiver over breakfast. Then spend the morning fixing the house... By which I mean, contacting tradesmen. It'll be electricians this afternoon.

Almost noon and I suddenly realise several things:

I am cool -- not shivering. It is lunchtime, I am hungry -- and actually looking forward to eating lunch. I have just finished my second cup of tea -- and enjoyed it. I have been standing at the PC for hours -- without collapsing into a chair.

Fever & chills ? Gone !

I quickly load the washing machine with a pile of worn and sweaty clothes. My "recycling" policy means that there is just one load. Wash, hang on the line.

I eat a solid lunch -- and enjoy it. Eat a piece of chocolate and -- for the first time in weeks -- really enjoy it. (Sorry Deb.)

I spend the afternoon doing this and that, things which are almost essential. Feeling comfortable, neither too hot nor too cold. Body temperature regulation is working again. Aaaahhh… Now that feels better :-)

I've been through this before, many times, pre-cancer. Deb may not accept "run down" but I can't think of any better description. Run down -- this time -- due to the effort of fighting cancer treatment. Perhaps.

Eventually the run down symptoms fade. I just forget how quickly they fade. And how much better I feel once I am no longer, "run down".




Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear and no concept of the odds against them." … Robert Jarvik

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



1 comment: