Monday, March 11, 2019

some memories, later

I may have forgotten a few points from today:

The nurse who provides the "must tell" introductory information has a lot to say. A lot of it is familiar, lots is either new or forgotten. One new piece of information is advice:

There are plenty of anti-cancer drugs, she says. Some may work for you, others not. If this lot does not work for you, don't worry, we can try other drugs.

Which is nice to know. But I prefer my earlier illusion: these are the drugs that will cure me. I will take the drugs and be cured.

Oh well. Cancer treatment is a vast field, there's still a lot to learn. I may be helping that learning :-)
===

I have a take-home: two packs of anti-nausea pills. I also have clearer advice on how to use them: Yes they can be taken as a preventative measure. And yes, they can also be taken once I do feel the nausea. If I can keep it down while chundering, I guess :-)

One bottle of "mild", tablets to be swallowed. One packet of "stronger" anti-nausea, to he held under the tongue till dissolved. I hope they taste nice !
===

I'm given several booklets. One is, How to deal with prostate cancer... There's no booklet for testicular cancer, at least prostate is in the same general area... I think that's what the nurse is suggesting.

Another booklet is nutrition for people on chemo. My taste-buds will change, I will like and dislike different foods. I remember that, including not being able to drink all of a cup of coffee.

Deb reads the booklet. Near the front is a recommendation: try, macaroni cheese. That's my fallback whenever Deb asks, What do I want for dinner :-) Deb groans. And then, somehow, loses the book...

There is also "a diary". It contains useful phone numbers, the nurse tells us who to call if I suffer from side-effects. Deb gets that information. I will just get the side-effects :-)

We don't know what else is in the diary... there are no available copies. Perhaps it's a real diary... I can just copy in the address for this blog :-)
===

You should go for a run tomorrow, you have all morning, says Deb. Yes, I reply, to Deb's surprise.

So I had better get to bed soon. To rest up for a solid day of running and chemo. Oh, and taking-in-the-washing somewhere in the middle.

And that seems to be all. For today...





Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear and no concept of the odds against them." … Robert Jarvik

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



1 comment: