Wednesday, April 3, 2019

a bit more excitement

Just about finished. On the last bag of drug drip, it's nearly empty. I have the urge to go to the toilet.

Past the man who shares my room. (Did I mention him? He's far sicker than I am. On the way downhill, if I overhear correctly. Poor bloke.)

Going to the toilet one-handed is awkward. Very awkward.

I wheel my drip trolley back to my bed... and notice blood dripping from the cannula hole. I must have knocked the cannula. A nurse arrives.

The nurse wipes blood. (Nice bright red stuff, looking very healthy :-) She reseats the cannula, which is still happily getting drugs into my vein. There's a bit more blood leaking across my palm. The nurse gives me a wet wipe.

Interesting: I don't like the cannula. The blood doesn't worry me at all.

The final flush drip is finished. Blood has stopped flowing. I'm ready to go home.
===

Deb and grandson pick me up. Nice to see them :-)

Deb asks me why I decide to wash the long pants that I'm wearing. I don't want to mention dripping blood in front of the toddler, I'm keeping a light note on what I am doing in hospital Deb fails to take the hint and stop asking. I eventually mutter, Blood.

Not to worry, toddler and I are soon absorbed in transforming Transformers.
===

End of another exhausting day lying still :-) I sleep for an hour after dinner. Still tired enough to be ready to go to bed...




Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear and no concept of the odds against them." … Robert Jarvik

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment