Wednesday, April 10, 2019

tuesday, wednesday, not so tired

tuesday. i wake up soon after deb. and think, i could go for a brisk walk! so, after breakfast, deb jogs for 6 or 7 km (she's in training) and i walk (not so briskly) for 40 minutes.

as we're about to set off i grab a prune. still need the prunes? deb asks. it's more that i don't dare go cold prune turkey...

aside from that brilliant repartee... tuesday is very peaceful, quite uneventful.

though my voice comes and goes. the iv drugs (i think) dry out my mucous membranes. this includes my mouth and throat, causing me to lose my voice. deb, at least, is pleased :-)

have i mentioned weight gain? tingly soles? hair loss? no need to shave? now voice loss... if these are the worst of my chemo side-effects -- i'm laughing. (or i will be, when my voice returns.)
===

wednesday i wake up at 1am and fail to go back to sleep. i normally only half wake up to go to the toilet. so i am already half asleep when i get back to bed. sometimes -- and i blame the dex effect -- i wake up fully. it's then easy to convince myself that i just can't get back to sleep.

and on wednesday night i have this idea churning through my mind. an idea which just demands to be documented... so i get up and write it down. it takes several hours. enough time for deb to wake up, worry about me, get up to ask if i am okay (i am), go back to sleep.

and btw, the idea ends up on my ranting blog, at  https://my3rs.blogspot.com/2019/04/the-pwbattpack.html

that's a blog that i began years ago, for my ranting, raging and raving at the stupidity of the world... it gets my rants off my chest. and deb doesn't even have to mutter, yes dear, as i grumble over the morning newspaper. hmmm. a very similar purpose to this blog. and it works :-)
===

after being awake for several hours, i spend a lot of this morning resting. then writing a couple of letters. now it's time to get back to a document which i want to convert to an online wiki, i hope that it will then be a lot easier to use. but i won't know till i play with the fully loaded wiki...





====    Dr Nick Lethbridge  /  Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting / Problems? Solved.
===

"If It Ain't Broke, Break It" … Meat Loaf
===

dying for you to read my blog: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au :-)
====
   

No comments:

Post a Comment