Wednesday, April 3, 2019

the minutes crawl by...

It's four am and I'm awake. I blame the Dex-effect. The minutes crawl by like stepped-on cockroaches. (I pinch that line from a book I read many, many years ago.) I may as well get up.

Get up and go for a walk. Just 30 minutes, there and back. Need to be home to get ready for an early start: grandson minding then I'll be dropped off for today's IV excitement.

Not quite 5am. The sun is not yet up but there are street lights, near enough to where I am walking. Birds are all silent and asleep. Sheet lightning to the north. (Well, smaller than sheets. Tea towel lightning, perhaps.) Behind thin clouds.

It's chilly outside. I settle into a brisk walk. No need for a sun hat, a wool hat would be nice.

Not yet 5:30, walking home again. Enough light to walk on the limestone path. Two or three cars. One other pedestrian, with dog. Sparrows are beginning to fart. (Or, in less poetic language, there are bird sounds across the lake, as birds wake up for the dawn.)

Home again. Time for breakfast.




Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear and no concept of the odds against them." … Robert Jarvik

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment