Thursday, April 11, 2019

two quick dreams

Amazing how exhausting it can be to look after a toddler, even for a few hours. At least, Deb did seem to get exhausted. I slept for most of it... except for driving the boy home, where I used my Grandad super-powers to keep him awake and cheerful :-)

The rest of the day is shopping, coffee... and exercise. I try jogging again, no worries, a slow 3km. Again, feeling more lively than on the day before. Just a slight worry that -- at this stage of the previous chemo cycle -- my white cell count hit almost zero. I avoid wiping the toddler nose.
===

Dream one: Three of us, those who run, are at the start of an Olympic race. The race is... indoors, just a dozen people, all very informal... and all three of us are about to compete in this Olympic final. I know this with absolute dream certainty.

The other two are preparing to run. I'm thinking... Perhaps I should tell the starter that I am not really ready to run in this Olympic final?

My interpretation is rather straightforward: Over Easter Deb and I are entered into half a dozen events of an Australian Easter Orienteering carnival. We intend to be there; whether I run (ie jog slowly), walk, or just sit it out -- we aim to be at each event. I admit that I am slightly worried: will I even be able to *walk* round my courses?

Okay, say no more, you can probably guess at my interpretation of that Olympic dream :-)
===

Dream two: I'm phoning someone, not sure -- even in the dream -- who I'm phoning. Finally realise that I am phoning emergency, triple zero. They answer. Do you want... and I don't catch the three options. I struggle, try to read a page of notes, finally decide that "police" could be the right answer.

Hello, Police Commissioner Someone, says the person on the phone.

Ooohhh… I'm struggling. Why am I calling ? Ohhh... sorry... my mistake, I say. And hang up.

Deb asks me, Who are you phoning? I can't really answer.

My interpretation: Could be inspired by my phone's habit of "pocket dialling" triple zero. Could be that I'm worried about something. Could be that I recognise that I'm getting rather old and confused :-)





Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear and no concept of the odds against them." … Robert Jarvik

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment