Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Cycle 3, Week 2, Day 2

Monday: a new treatment cycle begins. We start with the cancer doc.

Remember my "nappy rash"? I treat as "chafing" keep it dry, coat it in Vaseline. No improvement. I treat it as a fungal infection: keep it dry, use an anti-fungal cream.  It's still there but -- possibly -- faded. (It's in a difficult area for me to examine. Deb doesn't want to look.)

The cancer doc says, No, no expected treatment side-effect of "rash". Oh well, buy more anti-fungal cream.

Then spend all afternoon with the IV drip.

A restless night. Dex effect ? Or just a lot on my mind ? I spend a few hours on the PC, some of it on my Senate "campaign". Busy, busy, busy :-)

I apologise if this blog is sparse :-( Time flies when you're running for parliament -- and have no idea what to do ! Don't worry, if anything unexpected happens -- I will blog it :-)

Tuesday: another day of IV chemo ! I weigh myself at the start of each day of treatment. Yes, I have gained 2kg since yesterday. With the bloat that comes with chemo, I have taken off my wedding ring... before it cuts off all circulation. Don't worry, it was Deb's suggestion !

Saline, dex, saline, chemo one, saline, chemo two, saline... and it's done. Into the clinic at 1pm, ready to leave just after 5pm. No worries.

Better fun, though: I enjoy the company of our grandson, for an hour or so before I am dropped off for chemo :-)



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear and no concept of the odds against them." … Robert Jarvik

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)



1 comment:

  1. Had to cut off my wedding ring. Finger got hit by a cricket ball.

    ReplyDelete