Sunday, April 28, 2019

enjoyable Easter !

Phew, what an Easter !

The state orienteering association hosts a national Easter carnival -- seven events over ten days. Deb and I enter five of the events. We would have won them all, too, except that everyone else goes faster than us :-)

Two days out near Beverley, two days in Narrogin (we stay overnight, in a nice motel). A lot of driving, a lot of bush... walking for me, jogging for Deb. Beautiful weather, all very pleasant.

Now it's time to relax, get back to politics, "look forward to" a week of chemo.
===

There's an article in this morning's paper that, well, I'm not sure whether I'm glad to read it, or not...

An Australian has discovered a chemical which seems to make "temozolomide" more effective. Yes, temo is the drug which I took for brain cancer. Add this new chemical to the mix and -- so it seems -- the temo will work better.

That's great! I think. It's only been tested on mice, it needs a lot of money and time to be tested on humans, bother, I think. Patients with my cancer tend to die within 12 to 15 months, says the article. Oh bother, I think, I may not live long enough to take advantage of the new drug. I'm still alive and it's five months beyond that 15 months... Good-oh, I'm beating the odds, I may still live forever... I think :-)

The article reminds me that my cancer (one of them!) is terminal. Momentary gloom... That treatment is constantly improving. No more gloom... That treatment may not improve within my lifetime. That my lifetime is... so far, so good :-)

Mixed feelings ! It does make me think. But, my thinking is not very deep... Now I'm back to the status quo: enjoying life as it comes. No worries.




Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear and no concept of the odds against them." … Robert Jarvik

===


Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com.au/ :-)




Virus-free. www.avast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment