Sunday, May 28, 2023

Sunday

Last hours of the last day in HH.
Deb has done a brilliant job of filling in the days. Very nice gardens and walks. All close by.
Now we're half packed. Ready to leave within the hour.

Deb has a travel criteria: only go to countries with a modern health system. Something to do with me...
So Africa is out. So is Asia, I don't want acupuncture:-)

Though I've now passed through expecting to drop dead any day to, not today anyway.
Totally unplanned, there is a large hospital across the road from this hotel.
One day we walk through that hospital. Looking for a chemist or a cafe.
The hospital atmosphere is very familiar. Busy staff, various people waiting to become patients. Only one ambulance waiting outside.
To make us even more comfortable, we walk past a sign pointing to... MRI. Just what I (may) need. But not this time.

I still like the Birch Hotel.
It's comfortable. Our room is large enough.
It's a terrible location for access, surrounded by busy roads. But in easy reach of a lot of nice places.
I also like breakfast: Included. hot or cold, for me it's not and cold. No need to decide if it's worth buying breakfast, just eat it.

Once Deb has explained the taps for me, it's a good shower. With shower cap provided, so Deb is happy.

We notice that all the staff are English. Too far from cities and too expensive for the Asian migrants in most of the city service jobs.
Not that being English helps me understand what they are saying. Crazy accents that these foreigners have:-)
Oh, okay, and I'm going deaf.

All good but time to move on.

I can feel home calling to me... not long now.




.
--
Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...

===

If everyone is thinking the same way, then someone is not thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Many more overseas holidays for you mate

    ReplyDelete