Wednesday, May 26, 2021

All so normal


I'm exhausted. Hungry. Getting a cold. Barely recovered from brain surgery. Miserably expecting to die from cancer. Waiting for nothing nice.

No I'm not :-)

I'm getting ready for bed. It suddenly hits me. Everything is absolutely normal.

It's winter. I dislike the cold of winter. Breathing the cold dry air makes inside my mouth and throat feel like a badly burnt chip. I always believe I'm about to get a cold. Sometimes I do.

Today I snooze. I sleep. I rest. I plan. Even do a bit. Go for a very pleasant walk. Eat a delicious dinner. Cold symptoms fade away. Okay, I'm still tired... All normal.

I'm heading for bed. Tired enough to sleep some more. Happy. Fit enough, well enough. I'm fine.

The thought pops up: really, everything is normal. Perhaps not the normal normal :-) certainly so normal that I can't complain... Of course I will complain. But that, is perfectly normal.

I go to bed and sleep. My normal, very sound I'm-at-home sleep. With barely a grumble at how cold it is each time I get up to go to the toilet. Blasted winter, so cold.

As normal :-)




Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===

The more things change, the more they stay insane ... per Ginger Meggs
   

1 comment: