Saturday, May 22, 2021

Lump

Did I cover this? The surgeon said that there's a large hole in my brain where he removed a lump. Deb and I agree, a lump says, cancer. Pathology may say what type of cancer. But cancer -- based on that one word and our interpretation -- lump says cancer.

No surprise, the cancer has grown back. In a different but logically connected site.

Which puts m me back where I was three years ago. Cancerous with a terminal cancer. With various treatment options. No cure. Just possible delaying actions.

Surgery, done.
Radiation. If pathology does indicate radiation necrosis then, perhaps avoid more radiation. or, balance the risks :-)

Chemo. There's only one drug against my gbm4 it's only effective for six months. I've already had it for the six months. Still, may be worth trying again.

I guess there's the sort of tailored miracle drug which gets an occasional mention in the paper. Depends on analysis of my tumour, I guess.

As a fully paid up member of the HEMP Party I should consider cannabis. But I won't :-)

So, wait and see what the oncologist suggests. Whatever it is... It's still just a delaying action. Oh well.

I've stopped enjoying the hospital. Time to get home. Back to enjoying life... However many months at a time it is this time :-)




Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===

The more things change, the more they stay insane ... per Ginger Meggs
   

No comments:

Post a Comment