Monday, May 24, 2021

Here we go with dex

Immediately post-op and I'm on a high dosage of dex. How high? No idea. But I do know that it will decrease in three days, then again in another three days. The dex reduces swelling due to the operation.

I also take a drug to settle my stomach after thhe dex. And an anti-convulsant, brain surgery can lead to convulsions. Possibly. The drug is a precaution. In hospital I was also fed Panadols though I had no pain. Still no pain.

Not much in the way of medication.

The ddex reduces swelling, that's essential. Less essential: dex builds appetite and is an upper, it keeps me awake.

3am Monday morning and the dex upper has finally beaten my general tiredness. Sleep is no longer an option. No worries, there's always plenty to do.

First I test my idea for telling the time from the bedside clock.

The clock is a standard rectangular digital display. If I sit up and look at it it says 244 -- what I can see. Should that be 1244? I don't see the digit to the left.

So I keep my head on the pillow. Look at the clock as top-to-bottom: yes, definitely 244. Easy :-) Time to get up.

I was almost trapped in the hospital because my bladder was never empty. I would pee -- or try to -- but a magic machine showed a cup ot two of urine still remaining. At home -- no performance pressure -- I just wee. Is my bladder actually empty? It would be interesting to know -- but I don't know. So I don't worry. I pee.

Then go downstairs to make a fresh cup of tea. Blissful ignorance? So easy.

I'll post this -- needs a careful spell-check -- then I can write a bit more for my life story.

It's good to be home :-)   Frreeeedom!!




Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===

The more things change, the more they stay insane ... per Ginger Meggs
   

1 comment: