Sunday, May 2, 2021

O well of course

I'm very pleased to finally understand why the surgeon is keen to say, the surgery will not *fix* your vision. I blog it to be sure that I'm clear in my own mind. I explain it to Deb, Oh, yes, I know that, she says. Of course :-)

We go orienteering at Whiteman Park. It's nice country, mostly open but with a complex lot of tracks and roads and fences.

I navigate. Deb follows... only making comments when I am going too far off course.

It... is... quite a challenge :-)

I can't see to the left.

Walking to the start we pass a toilet block. I'll go to the MEN's I say. That's the WOMEN'S says Deb. When I look more carefully... yes, there is indeed a WO on the sign... to the left. Oops.

On the course, I navigate. Very very slowly. Stopping regularly to examine the map. No way I can look at the map *and* move between controls. It's all stop-start.

I can't see much to the left, neither map nor country. The obvious thing is to turn my head to the left, to get a better view... from my right eye... Wrong! *Both* eyes have lost vision to the left.

I have to turn my head -- or my whole body -- so that I am looking to the right... to see what is on my left.

I "know" all that. Attempting to orienteer makes me really understand how annoying it is. Or how "challenging" :-)

Once I accept the difficulties... and learn to keep my focus, keep my attention on what I am doing -- it is a lot of fun. Pleasant bush. Good company. Beautiful weather.

I also kept my temper. Even enjoy myself. So Deb, too, has a very pleasant morning.




Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery"


===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment