Friday, May 21, 2021

Pumping pantaloons

I'm wearing the latest in anti,-clot wear: long stockings which regularly massage my calf muscles, really annoying and a little bit uncomfortable.

they are attached to a pump at the foot of the bed. To walk anywhere I need to be disconnected then reconnected. I limit my walking...

Doctors seen concerned that I am drinking to much. For a while I pee into a bottle to make sure that I'm not holding onto fluid, or something.

Of course they also discover an old secret, that when I finish peeing -- there is still 200 or 300ml left in my bladder. That was a surprise after my first brain op, now it's just how it is. Floppy bladder? Not causing any other problem as far as I know. It's one of the body's little mysteries. Excites the nurses though.

Now we've settled into a routine. Nurses wake me up to measure blood pressure, sugar -- quite high now -- etc. I get unhooked from the pump. Go to the toilet without falling over. Get back to bed, get hooked to the pump. Take various pills. Go back to sleep for a few hours. Then repeat.

I just proofread the above. Stupid Swype keyboard is fast but types nonsense.

I'm feeling fine. Quite cheerful. Awake enough to post to the blog. Not yet relaxed enough to get back to reading the rather good book that I brought with me. Maybe when I can fetch it without needing to be unhooked from the pump... Stupid pump.

Btw: there was something I really wanted to do before the op. But only one person I would have trusted to do it for me. Too late now. It seems it was not needed. I wanted to write on the side of my head, Open with care.



Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===

The more things change, the more they stay insane ... per Ginger Meggs
   

1 comment: