Tuesday, May 18, 2021

pre-pre-admission

I'm out for a run. The phone rings. Luckily I'm still walking the warm-up so I can still talk. Without gasping.)

After a minute I identify the caller as being someone from St Johns, the hospital I'll be in tomorrow. I think she -- the caller -- tells me her name, I don't catch it. As far as I can tell, the only important information is that someone else -- an admissions nurse -- will phone me at 11:30.

There's some more. I tell her, I'm having trouble with your accent. By which I mean, I have no idea what you're saying.

We confirm the one clear message: expect another call at 11:30.

I hope that the next caller speaks clear English.
===

The next caller speaks English. Clearly. We go through a pre-admission Q&A. All very easy, there's "nothing" wrong with me :-)

Interesting: I had a "penile biopsy" (yes, yuk) at St Anne's, supposedly a SJoG hospital. They do not share records.
===

Still waiting for the anaesthetist to get in touch. Possibly -- as Deb suggests -- they'll wait till tomorrow, once I'm in hospital.


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery"


===

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

1 comment: